Today is: Monday, September 22, 2014
Welcome to the Alliance for Cultural and Ethnic Harmony. Our organization serves the greater Holland Michigan area.
Latest ACEH Newsletter [Archives]
Latest Annual Report to the Community [Archives]
Our Mission Statement:
The Alliance for Cultural and Ethnic Harmony is dedicated to promoting unity, justice, equal opportunity, ethnic awareness, cross-cultural understanding and appreciation for diversity.
Founded in January 1999, the Alliance for Cultural and Ethnic Harmony (ACEH) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan grass-roots group of ethnically diverse people from Holland and nearby areas. ACEH is a friendly organization that welcomes all people and works to create the feeling that our communities belong to everyone. ACEH is not affiliated with any political or religious groups, and is supported by membership dues, donations, and grants.
What does ACEH do?
- Holds monthly public meetings to talk about local and national justice and diversity issues, listen to speakers from different ethnic groups, and take part in "walk in my shoes" cross-cultural exercises.
- Provides a safe and respectful place to share experiences of prejudice and racism and to work on solutions.
- Works with ethnic and civic groups on projects to foster an inclusive community, including the Lakeshore Area Summit on Racism.
- Offers resources of ideas, speakers, materials and diversity training to schools, businesses, clubs, and religious organizations.
- Supports public efforts to oppose discrimination, racism, and violence.
- Publishes a monthly newsletter sent via e-mail or regular mail; also sends e-mail bulletins about events and issues in West Michigan.
- Holds annual potluck with ethnic foods and family games, sponsors other social events.
- Encourages patronage of ethnic businesses and events.
Downloadable publications are provided in Adobe Acrobat's Portable Document Format (pdf). Access to these files requires use of Acrobat Reader. This software is available at no cost from Adobe.